Below are the ready-to-go courses we currently have on offer. We can also customise training specifically to meet your needs. Group packages for in-house training are also possible. If you want to explore these options feel free to get in touch.
Agile 101 With a Focus on Scrum
You might have heard of Agile and some of the benefits it provides, such as delivering valuable outcomes sooner and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to manage uncertainty. You might already have started implementing some Agile practices like daily standups or task walls. This training will give you a grounding in the theory and practices, applied with an agile mindset, that will help improve the way you work and deliver better outcomes.
This is a 2 day course that has been developed for both business and technical teams, and covers the values, principles and processes underpinning Agile with a focus on the Scrum framework. It will be delivered using a combination of instruction, discussion and hands-on exercises that will provide you with experiential learning opportunities.
Who will benefit from this training?
- Anyone working in or around an Agile team – that’s any team in the organisation, Agile is not just for technology
- Managers or leaders looking to better understand Agile, expand their toolkit or have a desire to create an environment to unlock the potential in their teams
- Scrum Masters (or others) seeking the knowledge to take their PSM-1 certification through scrum.org
This course will provide you with the knowledge you need in order to take the scrum.org Professional Scrum Master I certification. Please note that the certification is not included as part of this training. You can take the exam online, at your own expense, please see the Scrum.org site for further details.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the benefits of Agile and the importance of an Agile Mindset
- Understand the Scrum Framework, the theory and the practices
- Understand what to consider for success and how to get started
- Understand what Kanban is and when you might use it
- Have the knowledge in order to take the PSM-1 certification
- Why Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto and Mindset
- Agile Methods
- The Scrum Framework, Roles, Events and Artifacts
- Product Backlog Refinement and Definitions of Done
- Team Success Factors
- Communication and Leadership
- Keeping Scrum Healthy
- Getting Started with Agile (Inceptions)
- User Stories, Estimation and Release Planning
- Kanban Overview
We learn through different styles including visually, audibly and kinesthetic (moving), this course embraces that throughout the 2 days. We will frequently shift between movement, speaking, drawing, listening and writing to help maximise your learning experience.
We will make use of the Scrum framework for delivering the course so that participants are able to experience Scrum practices first hand as part of their learning.
Participants will get the most out of this training if they
- take a look at the Agile Manifesto
- have a read of the Scrum Guide
- come to the training with a beginner’s mind and fully engage